March 21, 2012

TARTE TATIN

One of my absolute favorite desserts is the French classic, Tarte Tatin.
It is basically a upside down caramelized apple pie..
Jean Michel's mother, Pauline, is a Tarte Tatin expert, so she told me how to do it.

Apples cut in four with a serious amount of butter...

And a serious amount of sugar...


I covered the apples in pâte feuilletée and more butter on top of that!

This is how it looked after 1 1/2 hour in the oven.
As I have an old gas oven without any thermometer it is hard to say how many degrees there was in there, but I would guess something around 150
°C.

Voilà!
Maybe a bit too much butter, but I must say I am quite proud of my first Tarte Tatin!

Served with roasted almonds the Tarte Tatin ended up being a delicious breakfast in Cap d'Ail...



No comments:

Post a Comment